Allow loopback connections

Gibezynu Nu
Hi all,

I am doing some tunnelling to bypass NAT and I had to enable the "Allow loopback connection" option to use TightVNC server.

Since I would like to install TightVNC automatically, without user intervention, on clients' computers, I need to enable the "Allow loopback connection" option at installation time of TightVNC server. That is, when TightVNC is installed, the "Allow loopback connection" option should be already enabled. If this is not possible, is there someway that I can automate this by changing the option without the GUI? For example, by modifying a config file or the registry of Windows?

Thank you in advance.

Cheers.

Re: Allow loopback connections

Matthew Kozak-2

If you configure it the way you want on a test system, you can grab the reg file from the Registry and push that remotely as well (or if using a deployment tool to create an installer, you can set the changed registry settings as part of your installer build tool's feature set):

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\TightVNC

(I believe the setting you want would be the "LoopbackOnly" DWORD in the above key).

-Matt

Re: Allow loopback connections

Gibezynu Nu
Thank you! It is in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\TightVNC\Server. The setting I want is "AllowLoopback".
I am trying to use InnoSetup to modify it at installation time.

Cheers.

On Tue, Oct 4, 2016 at 6:00 PM, Matthew Kozak <[hidden email]> wrote:

If you configure it the way you want on a test system, you can grab the reg file from the Registry and push that remotely as well (or if using a deployment tool to create an installer, you can set the changed registry settings as part of your installer build tool's feature set):

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\TightVNC

(I believe the setting you want would be the "LoopbackOnly" DWORD in the above key).

-Matt

Re: Allow loopback connections

Piotr Jakuta

Good morning,

If you want to modify "allowloopback" option during installation, you can grab tightvnc msi installation file, and use configuration-related properties via command line. All options and how to do this, you can find here --> http://www.tightvnc.com/doc/win/TightVNC-installer-2.5.2.pdf

cheers

Piotr Jakuta
On 05.10.2016 17:12, Gibezynu Nu wrote:
[...]

!DSPAM:1005,57f5192a156331407368747!