Quantcast

Accept connection Setting not sticking

Anthony Rooney
Hello

Why do I have to keep resetting "Accept Connections" on X11vnc server?
Shouldn't these settings be persistent.  How do I keep this setting so I
do not have to constantly reset?

Kind Regards

Anthony

Fwd: Accept connection Setting not sticking

Anthony Rooney

Hello

My I have some assistance?

Many Thanks

Anthony

Re: Fwd: Accept connection Setting not sticking

Mark Foley
On Tue, 24 Nov 2015 19:18:27 +1030 Anthony Rooney <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Why do I have to keep resetting "Accept Connections" on X11vnc server?
> Shouldn't these settings be persistent.  How do I keep this setting so I
> do not have to constantly reset?

What are your start-up options on X11vnc? Post them here. Also might be helpful
to post your "reset" message output from x11vnc.

If you're "resetting" issue is the same as mine, I found that using command
switches "-loopbg -bg" resulted in reset/reconnection every 500ms. If in
addition I used the -ssl switch, it re-generated a certificate every 500ms!
Basically, the -loopbg and -bg options don't seem to work (another reason I wish
Karl Runge was still around).

My solution is to use -loop and put it in the background myself with a trailing
'&' on the command, and use the -oa pathtologfile option and/or use nohup and
collect program output into nohup.out. I haven't tried running this at boot
time, but that is my plan.

--Mark