6 simultaneous connections all using different instances of the same program on the server?

6 simultaneous connections all using different instances of the same program on the server?

Sean Harris-2
We have 6 client machines that we want to connect to the same server.  Can we have 6 simultaneous connections all using different instances of the same program on the server without interfering with each other?

If this can't be done with tightVNC, do you have any suggestions for what will work?

Server 2003 and XP pro for clients.

--
-Sean

RE: 6 simultaneous connections all using different instances of the sameprogram on the server?

John Serink
Message
Windows terminal server.

John Edward Serink
Product Applications Engineer,
Infrastructure Systems
Trimble Navigation Singapore PTE Ltd.
80 Marine Parade Road,
Co. Reg. No. 199204958W
#22-06 Parkway Parade
Singapore 449269
Tel 65-6348-2212
Fax 65-6348-2232
DID 65-6348-2178
HP  65-9129-4250

Re: 6 simultaneous connections all using different instances of the sameprogram on the server?

Morgan Storey
If you want your 6 clients to the see the same desktop then you can use tightvnc server so that they can only view and then connect them all to that say for viewing monitoring software of some kind.

If you want them all to see different desktops and be able to interact with the desktop but not with each other you have to do as John below has suggested, terminal service licenses and terminal services install.

#22-06 Parkway Parade
Singapore 449269
Tel 65-6348-2212
Fax 65-6348-2232